Sunday, January 4, 2009

WHEW

OK, so I have fallen way behind on the blogging here lately. Hey, what can I say, it has been a CRAZY past month or so. We have TONS of catching up to do, but I will try to make it brief... mostly because there is no way I can remember it all and it's getting late.

Lets see... as of my last post Bo had broken his arm... well the month of December was full of thankful prayers for good health insurance... A week after the arm injury, Bo got a double ear infection and double pink eye. Jason got sick, and I got sick. Jason and Bo both went through 2 rounds of antibiotics each. Bo was better by Christmas but Jason remained sick until New Years.

Christmas was great reguardless of the illnesses. Bo officially was able to stop wearing his sling the Monday before Christmas. At that time the doctor said he was clinically fully healed. Since then he has been released from the Dr.'s care and his arm is 100%.

One of the major hold ups in me posting has been wanting to put the videos of Christmas online. Well, unfortuantly I am challenged in this area. I cannot figure it out! I am also sad to say that since I was focusing on videos I do not have as many pictures, or atleast on my camera. Below are a few.
One of Bo's gifts was a full Little People Nativity Set from his grandparents (Jason's parents). Since Bo is still a little to young to understand it, Will really enjoied helping put it together while Bo and Ava chewed on the pieces. Hopefully this will be a fun experience for years to come.

Jason and I helping Bo open his presents.

For those who were unaware or have forgotten, Jason and I were married on Dec. 25th in 2005. This Christmas made for 3 years that we have been married. Each year Jason and I typically have gone some where during the span of Christmas to New Years to celebrate. This year we went to Charleston. We had to delay our trip a little due to Jason being sick, but were able to leave New Years Eve morning. Bo stayed with his granparents and Pop and GiGi while we were gone. We are not sure about what all they did, but we know Bo seemed to have had fun and not missed us hardly at all. Below is Jason's favorite picture from our trip.


In case you do not recognize her, the highlight of Jason's trip was meeting Dr. Ruth. He wanted to share about this photo. Here are his comments. "This is my new best friend Dr. Ruth Westheimer. We danced the night away New Years Eve." As you can tell Jason is obviously living in some dream world. While we did get a glimpse of her in the lobby and snap a picture, she only told us Happy New Year. Aparently, Dr. Ruth was there as a part of Renaissance Weekend. Jason and I were oblivious to this event until learning about it on our trip. Contrary to rumors started by my lovely family, no Jason and I did not go to some sex therapy weekend retreat.

Back home Bo was having lots of fun with his grandaddy and Pop. I do not think that Bo made it until midnight, but that did not stop him from getting to take part in the banging of pots and pans.



I know that this does not totally catch us up totally, but I will be working towards that. I mean, hey, I cannot cover almost 2 months with just one post. Check back for more!

3 comments:

lucinda said...

I didn't know you had those green PJ's in the last picture. Will and Ava have the same ones.... we should have taken a picture to embarrass them all with later in life.

The Jones Family said...

yay! you're back

Jennifer said...

Lucinda, we can always celebrate Christmas again in February?