Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Year In Review

Since I have been so bad about updating the blog, I am going to try to recap some of my favorite things Bo has said or done in the past year. Please feel free to add any thoughts or stories I may leave out. I am sure this will just be the first of many sessions trying to catch things up.

- The Clock Tower... Bo is obcessed with the city clock tower. We have to stop everytime we ride down town to wait for it to chime the hour. He now compares everyhing in size to it. Today he told me that eating his lunch would make him as big as a clock tower. Everytime we get in the car he starts looking for it. One morning about a month back, he began telling me that he saw the clock tower while we were driving down Hwy 27. I argued and explained we could not see it from where we were. Well, he showed me! He quickly let me know that he saw it on "that green sign" on the side of the road. I looked back in the rear view to see the Greater Rome Bank sign with the clock tower logo. He so impressed a lady in the book store at the down town library with his interest in the clock tower that she personally bought him a magnet. This was right after Christmas and I promise it is one of his most prized possessions.

- Singing... Bo LOVES to sing! He litterally sings all the time. If he does not have a song in mind he just makes one up. He has made himself famous among friends and neighbors lately performing Amazing Grace. He has sang it so much that when he was sick a few weeks back the lady in the urgent care office asked, "Is he the little boy that can sing Amazing Grace?" I must have looked at her funny, because she quickly explained that she remembered his face from once when my mom took him with her to the doctor and he sang for the whole office. Well needless to say, sick or not Bo sang agian and loved every minute of it. I have got to get a video of this online for all to see. Besides singing Amazing Grace, we are working on learning verses of scripture put to song. We listen to them in the car. Well, recently when I went to give Bo medicine for his allergies he asked, "Will this medicine give me a joyful heart?" Apparently he did remember that the verse says, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." He just did not fully understand!

No comments: